If you are looking for a Janome 2212 sewing machine review, then look no further! Janome is one of the most popular sewing brands on the market. Janome has been manufacturing quality sewing machines since 1944. They have created many different models, but this Janome 2212 Review will focus only on this particular model.
This Janome 2212 review will cover all of the important features and answer any questions that you may have about it before making your decision to purchase it.
Table of Contents
Janome 2212 sewing machine review
Features of the Janome 2212 Sewing Machines :
Easy to use :
Janome 2212 is a mechanical model which means it is not computerized. It is advisable to use a mechanical model before jumping to the computerized model. You just need to set the dial according to your need and let the machine do its work. You just need to press the lever down to use it. This is why it is recommended for beginner sewers so that they do not have to deal with complex computerized structures.
As it is a mechanical model, it does not need electricity. Thus, users do not have to worry about electricity bills. They can use it whenever they want it. This feature makes it pretty cost-effective.
The machine is small and compact. So, the user won’t need a lot of space to place the machine and use it. It allows you to work comfortably by placing it on the table. Free-motion sewing becomes easy due to this.
The machine comes with built-in 12 stitches. Thus, the user does not get confused between many options. This feature can be a disadvantage for experienced users. This feature is good only if you are a beginner and want to learn sewing.
Janome 2212 has a softcover as well to protect and transport it. However, transportation is easy anyways because the machine itself is lighter and smaller.
4-step buttonhole style:
It comes with a four-step buttonhole style which is useful in fixing the shirts and buttons. This can be done in a quick session with Janome 2212. This feature helps users who want to use the sewing machine at home.
Adjustable stitches :
The stitches are fully adjustable. You can adjust the width and height of all 12 built-in stitches. This means that this machine is also customizable. This helps the user in a great way in any kind of project and helps to build control over it.
Janome 2212’s free arm feature also lets the user build his sewing skills. It provides a push/pull winder and a front-loading bobbin to make sewing and stitching easier. It has a rectangle carrying bag structure.
The machine has two retractable vertical spool pins to make use further easy. It also has manual tension control so that the user can have great control over his/her projects. It has a 5-piece drop feed dog too.
So, these were a few of the amazing features of the Janome 2212 sewing machine. Now I am going to describe the pros and cons of this machine.
The Plus Points Janome 2212 Sewing Machines:
- Speed: It can sew 860 stitches per minute. That is an amazing amount of speed for a machine of this caliber.
- Price: It has a great price provided the features it has. It is very much affordable to everyone so it is a big advantage.
- Savings: It helps you save your electricity bills as it is a mechanical machine and does not involve any computing.
- Simple set-up: It is pretty easy to set up as it is compact in size. You will not need a large space to place this machine in your home.
- Suitable for any cloth: Whether the cloth is heavy or light, this machine is suitable. That makes it usable at home and also in industries.
Thus, Janome 2212 is a great mixture of an affordable sewing machine and a high-featured sewing machine.
The Minus Points of Janome 2212 Sewing Machines:
- Breaking of the needles: With wrong tension and false measurement settings, the needles in this machine get broken easily.
- Needles can be stuck: Needles in this machine are not so strong so they can get stuck if the user is dealing with thick clothes.
- Not used at a higher level: This machine is not used at the industry level or any other higher level because it only has 12 built-in stitches. This puts a limitation on a user’s skills and he/she can not always stitch in the way they want.
- Mechanical: For some people, the machine being mechanical might be an advantage but if we look at it in a broad sense, it is a disadvantage. In today’s fast and computerized world, the number of users of mechanical machines will be less for sure.
Thus, the Janome 2212 sewing machine is the best choice for you if you are a beginner and want to learn sewing and stitching because it has a fair amount of features at an affordable price. But if you are an expert and want to work big time, this one is not the right one for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does buying the Janome 2212 Sewing Machine from Amazon have a warranty?
Yes, absolutely as Amazon is authorized for selling the Janome 2212 Sewing Machine. Machines bought through Amazon will be covered under a limited 25 years warranty by the company.
Is there an Automatic Threading feature in this machine?
No, The Janome 2212 Sewing Machine does not support automatic threading.
Can I get it delivered on international shipping?
No, international shipping is not supported on this product.
Is the machine suitable for a beginner?
Absolutely, The Janome 2212 Sewing Machine is designed with beginners as well as experienced users in mind. With highly automated features it is easy to use even for beginners.
Does it work on denim and stretchy fabrics?
Yes, the machine works equally fine on all kinds of stretchy fabrics and denim making it ideal for working on jeans.
Overall, the Janome 2212 sewing machine is great for use for people who have varying skill levels beginning with the novice, the intermediate users, and the experts. Although it has few features, its stitch quality can be rated 5 stars out of 5, and its speed can.
I am Miller, author of the Sewing feature web. I am excited to have you here. As a passionate sewer, I want to share my knowledge and experience with others by providing helpful tips, tricks, product reviews, and more. My goal is to provide readers with honest content that helps them in sewing.