If you are looking for a Janome 2212 sewing machine review, then look no further! Janome is one of the most popular sewing brands on the market. Janome has been manufacturing quality sewing machines since 1944. They have created many different models, but this Janome 2212 Review will focus only on this particular model.
This Janome 2212 review will cover all of the important features and answer any questions that you may have about it before making your decision to purchase it.
1. Janome 2212 sewing machine review
It has twelve built-in stitches and a four-step buttonhole. It has an easy-to-use dial which allows the user to make stitch selections and adjustments very easily. It also has a free arm sewing and drops feed, therefore, allowing the beginner to tackle all sewing projects during training.
The machine has an amazing design which makes it lightweight and easy to use. It can be placed on a special tabletop providing the user with easy accessibility as well as maintenance in case it breaks down. It has a dial pattern selection, stitch width, and length adjustment that allows ease of use.
Features of Janome 2212
The machine is designed with great features such as free arm sewing and drop feed, therefore, allowing the machine to tackle different sewing projects. It has twelve built-in stitches for apparel and craft sewing. The user can also experiment with light projects like household linens and crafts.
Below are features of the JANOME 2212 sewing machine:
- Free arm lever
It is fitted with an easy-to-use free arm that allows the machine to be versatile for different types of sewing projects.
- Reverse lever
The machine has a reverse lever that is located to the right side and allows the user to lock stitches in place.
- Stitch chart
The machine has a stitch chart on the front panel and allows the user to view and know which stitch to select for what project. The visual chart tool displays 12 different stitches which are labeled as BH, A, B, C, D, E, F, and G.
- Stitch selector dial
The machine has a stitch selector dial located on the front side of the machine and allows the user to select the right stitch for the right job. With the help of the visual stitch chart tool, an amateur user will be able to know which stitch they are selecting for a particular type of job.
- Stitch Length adjustment
The stitch length adjustment dial allows the user to customize different stitch lengths and widths. The maximum width that can be adjusted is 5mm while the maximum length that can be adjusted is 4 mm.
- Stainless steel needle plate
It is designed with stainless steel that allows the user to fit different types of fabrics varying in thickness and layers too. This works well with the extra high-pressure foot lift.
Pros of Janome 2212
- The machine is affordable and has just the right amount of features that allow for comfortable use of it, especially for people who are just beginning training towards becoming professional seamstresses.
- It comes with a 25-year warranty that protects the user and ensures that in case of damage, repairs will be made for free or at minimal expenses. This ensures that the machine lasts for a long and provides the user with longer service.
- It has a visual stitch chart that is fitted on the front of the machine. The visual chart has 12 different types of stitches drawn which provide directions to the novices. Each stitch displayed is used to accomplish different projects.
- It has a reverse lever that is located on the right front side of the machine and allows the user to lock stitches in place.
- It has a stitch selector dial and together with the visual stitch chart, the user can select the right one at the turn of the dial.
- The stitch length adjustment dial allows the user to adjust to the right length and width of the thread. Its maximum adjustable length is 4mm and its maximum adjustable width is 5 mm.
- It has a four-step buttonhole feature that allows the user to make beautiful buttonholes with ease.
Cons of Janome 2212
- While the 12 different stitches feature is great for a novice, it limits the user to only a few stitches.
- It lacks the many features that you will find on modern sewing machines which allows one to tackle different heavy sewing projects.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does buying the Janome 2212 Sewing Machine from Amazon have a warranty?
Yes, absolutely as Amazon is authorized for selling the Janome 2212 Sewing Machine. Machines bought through Amazon will be covered under a limited 25 years warranty by the company.
Is there an Automatic Threading feature in this machine?
No, The Janome 2212 Sewing Machine does not support automatic threading.
Can I get it delivered on international shipping?
No, international shipping is not supported on this product.
Is the machine suitable for a beginner?
Absolutely, The Janome 2212 Sewing Machine is designed with beginners as well as experienced users in mind. With highly automated features it is easy to use even for beginners.
Does it work on denim and stretchy fabrics?
Yes, the machine works equally fine on all kinds of stretchy fabrics and denim making it ideal for working on jeans.
Overall, the Janome 2212 sewing machine is great for use for people who have varying skill levels beginning with the novice, the intermediate users, and the experts. Although it has few features, its stitch quality can be rated 5 stars out of 5, and its speed can.